Saturday 22 October 2011

Welcome to my Blog

I came to Africa as a 23 year old, not really knowing what to expect.  30 years later this continent (and I have only seen a small part of it, so far) has reached deep into my soul and awakened in me a passion for the bush and the silence of the wide open spaces and vast skies, has left me wanting to see more, but also happy to see the same places over and over again.  For in the African bush, no two days are ever the same.  Each sunset is spectacular, even if it is a little ordinary.  So here goes.  I have made it my mission to escape the confines of big city Johannesburg as often as I possibly can and get "out there".  Don't get me wrong, I do not "rough it" by any means.  A girl still likes her shower and toilet facilities.  However, I am off tomorrow to a camp (for the second time) with neither of these things and am so excited I can barely keep still.  Hopefully you will read some of my blogs.  I am no writer but I love South Africa and I love the wildness of Africa, so perhaps that will come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment